PHP Symfony Software Engineer (Middle/Senior level)
We are looking for a PHP Symfony Software Engineer for a rapidly growing healthcare software company that is now used by 80% of the leading healthcare providers in the UK to deliver their patient and physician facing business critical operations. In the last 12 months, the company has experienced significant demand for its software in the United States and is now deploying its first customers there.
You will work within our Software Engineering team to further develop our world class, web-based, healthcare platform.
- Working alongside an experienced team of developers to implement features, resolve bugs and develop technical improvements
- Following Agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, working software on a timely basis
- Performing code reviews and contributing to technical design discussions
- Working with the broader business, including QA and Product teams, in a professional and adaptable manner, to ensure the completion of projects in line with customer and business expectations
- A background in computer science and software engineering
- Extensive experience working as a back-end developer on enterprise level, object orientated PHP applications.
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged
- Able to solve complex business problems using PHP code
- A strong grasp of object orientated programming principles, patterns and practices
- Recent and substantial experience using the Symfony framework (v2 or above)
- A good understanding of both monolithic and distributed Web application architecture, including the HTTP protocol, session management, APIs and authentication
- Experience using BASH, Vagrant and GIT on a daily basis
- A good level of fluency in SQL, familiarity with database administration and optimization
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Testing frameworks such as PHPUnit and Codeception
- Prior experience with other programming languages. The ability and willingness to pick up new languages quickly when required will be a definite bonus.
- Experience of queue technologies (eg RabbitMQ) advantageous
- Experience of other relevant technologies, such as CI, build and test automation (Jenkins) and containerization (Docker).
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of software including Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Fluency in English (written/oral)
- Innovative and collaborative mind-set
- Honest and accountable
- Customer and business orientated
What we offer:
- You will find here not only a challenging and interesting workplace but also rewarding work experience, with competitive compensation and benefits packages:
- A dynamic and multinational environment with dedicated professionals who are ready to share their knowledge with you;
- Professional trainings and continuous career growth opportunities;
- Competitive salary package and additional Health Insurance;
- Flexible work arrangements, no dress-code;
- Coffee, tea and fruits;
- Friendly team who is eager to meet you;
- Free English classes.
It's best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn't want you to miss this opportunity.
In case you will need further information, just send us a message at recruitmentEMEA@stefanini.com and we'll be happy to assist!
We are a Brazilian company with over 30 years of experience in delivering IT services worldwide, ranging from IT outsourcing to application development or IT staffing. We have a direct presence in 39 countries, through our 88 offices located throughout the world and we enjoy working for over 500 active clients. While more than 300 of them are multinational corporations, we have managed to become the preferred partner of many small-to-midsize local and regional companies as well. Most of our clients come from industries such as financial services, manufacturing, telecommunications, chemical, services, technology, public sector and utilities.
Stefanini has career opportunities locally and around the world for professionals interested in a vibrant, passionate, team-oriented workplace. If you are a customer-centric person with a "get it done" attitude, come over for coffee and a talk on your future career with us!
Str: Chisinau/ Remote