"To most of us, the sky is the limit." (Jerry Crawford)
Cegeka is going beyond it with one of Europe's major companies in the aviation sector, who decided to start a journey to renew all its applications in a 10 years program.
In order to facilitate its modernization, they asked us to compose a digital platform by leveraging industry solutions, while keeping control over non-functional aspects and the system as a whole.
The platform will offer CI (Continuous Integration) capabilities (CI toolchain) to the business developers. This CI toolchain will enable the developers to build, qualify, vulnerability scan, and unit test the applications. Everything on the platform will be defined as code; including the CI pipelines. This CI toolchain will be designed as a very flexible and customized solution that will be deployed on VM or OpenShift.
- Together with the team, you design, set up, configure and automate the build-out of a digital platform based on Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- You set up and automate logging and monitoring infrastructure.
- You ensure production-worthy, high-available, enterprise-grade solutions to support the contingency requirements of the platform.
- You support the setup of Secret Management and of IAM/CIAM.
- You are also responsible and assist in the automatic roll-out based on scripts of the aforementioned solution.
- You configure dashboards for operational insights.
- You set up, configure and fine-tune alerting mechanisms to get key insights into the health of the system.
- You validate alerting mechanisms by stressing the system in key areas both manually and automatically.
- You configure solutions to safeguard the long-term storage of operational monitoring and logging data by integrating the core monitoring solution with external backup tools.
In order to succeed, you need some of these superpowers:
- Red Hat Linux, OpenShift (Kubernetes),
- CI/CD, API design, scripting & automation tools: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins & Groovy
- Secret management: Hashicorp Vault, CIAM/IAM: OIDC, Okta
- Monitoring and logging tools from both an infrastructure and application level: Elastic stack (ELK, EFK)
- Nice to have the knowledge/working experience with CI/CD Jenkins expert, SonarQube, SonaType, Nexus, Fortify, OpenShift
- Experience with Release orchestrator engines: CloudBees, XebiaLabs, BroadCom CA
- Automation: Ansible, HashiCorp TerraForm)
- The flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills training, according to the internal policies)
- Continuous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Crum/Kanban)
- Long-term career development programs
- Private medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Gym Subscription Offers - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
- Paid medical leave (according to internal policies)
- Support for special events in your life
- Online Team events during pandemics
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots.