Are you a Senior Java Developer looking for a one of a kind project that will make world news? If yes, then be sure to read this description! You will join the development team that will create a new application for ‘ Location of an Aircraft in Distress Repository’ (LADR). This application will have a global control mechanism where real-time data will be transmitted when an aircraft is in distress. We are looking for someone who wants to develop and launch this project. As you can read this is a unique project with great social value!
What you will do
- You will work in an enthusiastic team within an Agile Scrum methodology by sprints of 2 weeks. The Product Owner will define the Product Roadmap, the User Stories and their acceptance criteria.
- The team, in collaboration with the Technical Application Owner will take in charge the sprint planning, the daily scrum, the DoD, the development, testing, deployment, the sprint demo and the sprint debrief.
- You assist in collecting and documenting user's requirements and you develope user stories.
- You design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards DevSecOps best practices.
- You develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Automating and supporting deployment of releases is also part of your role.
- You perform peer reviews and provide actionable feedback to improve code quality.
- You prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- You provide third-level support to business users.
What you need to succeed
- You are an experienced Java developer with at least 5 years of relevant experience with delivering mission critical, highly available, reliable and scalable solutions within an Agile & Srcum context.
- You have experience in building cloud (Azure) native solution using managed services.
- Hands-on experience with DevSecOps best practices like CI/CD, Continuous Testing, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) are also appreciated.
- Blue-green deployment and Zero-Trust based security.
- Java (microservices), Azure Cloud Platform (several managed services like AKS, API Management, AAD, Azure DevOps, Azure Monitoring, Log Insights, etc.), MongoDB, Microservices architecture, Event Driven Architecture
- Container technology (e.g. docker) & Container orchestration (Kubernetes, AKS) + Helm, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with GeoSpatial data model and mapping technology is a big plus
- 28 vacation days according to law + 6 additional bonus days
- 13th salary bonus at the end of the year
- Private medical insurance (1500 euro/year)
- Monthly meal tickets
- Gym Subscription support
- Maternity leave paid by the company
- Financial support for your special events (birth of a child, marriage, etc.)
- Access to various training/certifications programs, paid for by the company (soft and hard skills training, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Prepaid English courses (if necessary)
- Continuous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning; Events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban)
- Long-term career development programs
- Monthly hangout parties and team-building events
- Wellbeing at the center - we make sure to tackle the well-being aspects of our day-to-day lives through specialized sessions, webinars and internal programs according to our employee's input